The town of Brookline is comprised of many neighborhoods, each with its own distinctive culture, architecture and available resources.
Located in the heart of Brookline where Harvard and Beacon Streets meet, Coolidge Corner is home to many fine boutiques, specialty stores, cafés and restaurants. Of particular note is the Coolidge Corner Theater, a restored art deco movie theater premiering art house and independent films. Find out more about Coolidge Corner happenings here.
Washington Square is the intersection of Beacon and Washington Streets. Noted for its long relationship with fabulous eateries, the square has expanded to include many of the area’s finest restaurants.
Harvard Street in Brookline Village has been described by the Boston Globe as having "some of the best shopping in the Greater Boston area." Its unique character is defined by an eclectic collection of restaurants and retail stores.
Known for its beautiful homes and green space, “SoBro” offers the quiet of the suburbs only a short distance from Brookline’s active community. Close to Chestnut Hill, bordering Route 9 and the Jamaicaway, South Brookline is a little of the country right here in the city.
- Town of Brookline Official website of the Town of Brookline.
- Brookline Historical Society An in-depth look at Brookline's history and roots.
- Brookline Monthly Calendar An online listing of Town Board and Commitee meetings.
Business and Retail directories
- Citysquares.com A handy listing of businesses in the Brookline and nearby Boston areas.
Arts & Entertainment
- The John F. Kennedy Historical Site See the birthplace of one of our nation's most beloved presidents.
- The Coolidge Corner Theater A restored art deco movie theater showing independent and art-house cinema.
- The Puppet Showplace Theater One of the oldest continually operating puppet theaters in the country.
- Town of Brookline Recreation Department Find out more about local recreation including a golf club, a skating rink, and programs for children and adults.
- The BC Eagles Sports Teams Follow Boston College men's and women's teams.
Public Elementary Schools (K-8)
- Edith C. Baker School
- Edward Devotion School
- Michael Driscoll School
- Heath School
- Amos A. Lawrence School
- William Lincoln School
- Pierce School
- John D. Runkle School
Public High School (9-12)
- The Park School
- Torah Academy
- Beacon High School
- Dexter School For Boys
- Southfield School for Girls
- Ivy Street School
- Maimonides School
- Neha/Lubavitch School for Girls
- New England Hebrew Academy
- St. Mary of the Assumption Elementary